Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] 1.5.5rc2r25906 test results
From: Paul Hargrove (phhargrove_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-02-12 04:52:17

http://www.open-mpi.org/**community/lists/devel/2011/12/**
> 10184.php<http://www.open-mpi.org/community/lists/devel/2011/12/10184.php>
>
> + MacOS 10.4 on ppc fails linking libvt-mpi.la (multiply defined symbols)
> Reported in http://www.open-mpi.org/**community/lists/devel/2011/12/**
> 10090.php<http://www.open-mpi.org/community/lists/devel/2011/12/10090.php>
> My MacOS 10.4/x86 machine is down, but I don't believe it had this problem
> w/ rc1.
>
> + ROMIO uses explicit MAKE=make, causing problems if one builds ompi w/
> gmake
> Reported in http://www.open-mpi.org/**community/lists/devel/2012/01/**
> 10300.php<http://www.open-mpi.org/community/lists/devel/2012/01/10300.php>

One more for the list:

The 1.5 branch needs the same fixes to the -fvisibility probe that Jeff and
I have been discussing off-list for hwloc-1.3.2. Basically this comes down
to the fact that the 1.4 branch of OMPI has a "stronger" configure probe
for -fvisibility than the 1.5 branch or trunk, and thus known NOT to use
-fvisibility with broken icc compilers. This may come down to a simple
CMR, if one could track down when the probe was strengthened.

-Paul

Future Technologies Group