Subject: [OMPI devel] 1.5.5rc2r25906 test results
From: Paul H. Hargrove (PHHargrove_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-02-12 01:12:34

On 2/10/2012 6:04 PM, Jeff Squyres wrote:
> On Feb 10, 2012, at 8:57 PM, Jeff Squyres wrote:
>
>> 1.5.5rc2 coming soon.
> I should qualify that statement: many things have been resolved, but there's a few more things to go. A new rc will come when they have been resolved:
>
> https://svn.open-mpi.org/trac/ompi/report/15

I just tried tonight's nightly tarball for the 1.5 branch (1.5.5rc2r25906).
I found the following issues, which I wad previously reported against
1.5.5rc1, for which I did NOT find a corresponding ticket in
"report/15". My apologies is I've missed a ticket, or if any of these
were deferred to 1.6.x (as was Lion+PGI, for instance).

+ GNU Make required for "make clean" due to use of non-standard $(RM)
Reported in http://www.open-mpi.org/community/lists/devel/2011/12/10184.php

+ MacOS 10.4 on ppc fails linking libvt-mpi.la (multiply defined symbols)
Reported in http://www.open-mpi.org/community/lists/devel/2011/12/10090.php
My MacOS 10.4/x86 machine is down, but I don't believe it had this
problem w/ rc1.

+ ROMIO uses explicit MAKE=make, causing problems if one builds ompi w/
gmake
Reported in http://www.open-mpi.org/community/lists/devel/2012/01/10300.php

-Paul

Future Technologies Group