Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] v1.4.5rc6 released
From: Paul H. Hargrove (PHHargrove_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-02-11 17:53:24

No new problems to report w/ 60+ platforms tested.

I was unable to retest MacOS 10.4 because both my x86 and ppc hosts are
down.
Relative to the last time I reported my list of platforms, I have add
FreeBSD9 on i386 and amd86.
There have also been some additional compilers added on Linux x86 and/or
Linux x86-64.

I believe that all my odd platform/compiler issues have been addressed
in README.
Several platforms were documented as not supported, and some of these
configure is now smart enough to reject.
Others that required work-arounds have been documented as well.

This looks like ready to go from my point of view (wide portability).
If there are other things I might help test to speed the release, let me
know.

-Paul

On 2/10/2012 6:11 PM, Jeff Squyres wrote:
> Usual location:
>
> http://www.open-mpi.org/software/ompi/v1.4/
>
> Changes since rc5:
>
> - document LD_LIBRARY_PATH for -m32 with Ubuntu/Sun compilers
> - refuse to configure with gccffs
> - LANL TLCC2 platform files

Future Technologies Group