Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] RFC: Add "virbr0" to [btl|oob]_tcp_if_exclude?
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-02-10 15:21:20

On Feb 10, 2012, at 3:14 PM, Paul H. Hargrove wrote:

> + User knows nothing about xen, and thus nothing about virbr0
> + User has a local-only interface (eth8 in my made up example)
> + User reads FAQ entry "220. How do I tell Open MPI which TCP networks to use?"
> + User follows instructions given in said FAQ, yielding my example command line.

Do you mean that eth8 is the only non-loopback interface on their laptop, and it's disconnected? (e.g., sitting on a train with no wifi and no wired ethernet)

Then OMPI would have disqualified that interface, anyway (because it wasn't up).

I think I'm missing the zen of your question... :-\

For corporate legal information go to: