Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] RFC: Add "virbr0" to [btl|oob]_tcp_if_exclude?
From: Paul H. Hargrove (PHHargrove_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-02-10 15:14:20

On 2/10/2012 12:03 PM, Jeff Squyres wrote:
> On Feb 10, 2012, at 1:44 PM, Paul H. Hargrove wrote:
>
>> Since the situation described is one where the user didn't know they could/should disable xen, it is reasonable to think they ALSO don't know they need to exclude virbr0.
> That's what I'm thinking.
>
>> So, I read the question as meaning the following:
>> What happens when a user who doesn't know anything about virbr0 does
>> mpirun --mca btl_tcp_if_exclude lo,eth8
> I'm not sure I understand your question -- the above will exclude loopback and eth8.
>
> (where did eth8 come from?)

Sorry, if I wasn't clear.
I'll try again:

+ User knows nothing about xen, and thus nothing about virbr0
+ User has a local-only interface (eth8 in my made up example)
+ User reads FAQ entry "220. How do I tell Open MPI which TCP networks
to use?"
+ User follows instructions given in said FAQ, yielding my example
command line.

-Paul

Future Technologies Group