Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] btl/openib: get_ib_dev_distance doesn't see processes as bound if the job has been launched by srun
From: Paul H. Hargrove (PHHargrove_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-02-09 16:27:38

On 2/9/2012 1:19 PM, Brice Goglin wrote:
> So you can find out that you are "bound" by a Linux cgroup (I am not
> saying Linux "cpuset" to avoid confusion) by comparing root->cpuset and
> root->online_cpuset.

If I understood the problem as stated earlier in this thread the current
code was looping over a (singleton) cpuset and not finding finding the
current process to be bound to any of the cpus in the set. For that
case the fact that the cpuset is a singleton should already have been
enough information to know that one is effectively bound. Is there
really more to this than a need for special-casing the singleton?

-Paul

Future Technologies Group