Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] btl/openib: get_ib_dev_distance doesn't see processes as bound if the job has been launched by srun
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-02-09 12:00:48

Nadia --

I committed the fix in the trunk to use HWLOC_WHOLE_SYSTEM and IO_DEVICES.

Do you want to revise your patch to use hwloc APIs with opal_hwloc_topology (instead of paffinity)? We could use that as a basis for the other places you identified that are doing similar things.

On Feb 9, 2012, at 8:34 AM, Ralph Castain wrote:

> Ah, okay - in that case, having the I/O device attached to the "closest" object at each depth would be ideal from an OMPI perspective.
>
> On Feb 9, 2012, at 6:30 AM, Brice Goglin wrote:
>
>> The bios usually tells you which numa location is close to each host-to-pci bridge. So the answer is yes.
>> Brice
>>

>> Ralph Castain <rhc_at_[hidden]> a écrit :
>> I'm not sure I understand this comment. A PCI device is attached to the node, not to any specific location within the node, isn't it? Can you really say that a PCI device is "attached" to a specific NUMA location, for example?
>>

>> On Feb 9, 2012, at 6:15 AM, Jeff Squyres wrote:
>>
>>> That doesn't seem too attractive from an OMPI perspective, though. We'd want to know where the PCI devices are actually rooted.

For corporate legal information go to: