Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] btl/openib: get_ib_dev_distance doesn't see processes as bound if the job has been launched by srun
From: Brice Goglin (Brice.Goglin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-02-09 08:30:32

The bios usually tells you which numa location is close to each host-to-pci bridge. So the answer is yes.
Brice

Ralph Castain <rhc_at_[hidden]> a écrit :

I'm not sure I understand this comment. A PCI device is attached to the node, not to any specific location within the node, isn't it? Can you really say that a PCI device is "attached" to a specific NUMA location, for example?

On Feb 9, 2012, at 6:15 AM, Jeff Squyres wrote:

That doesn't seem too attractive from an OMPI perspective, though. We'd want to know where the PCI devices are actually rooted.