Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] btl/openib: get_ib_dev_distance doesn't see processes as bound if the job has been launched by srun
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-02-09 08:15:31

On Feb 9, 2012, at 8:06 AM, Brice Goglin wrote:

>> What if my cpuset is only on Socket P#0? What exactly will be reported
>> via (WHOLE_SUBSYSTEM | HWLOC_TOPOLOGY_FLAG_WHOLE_IO)?
>
> I actually fixed something related to this case in 1.3.2. The device will be attached to the root object in this case iirc.

Ah, gotcha.

That doesn't seem too attractive from an OMPI perspective, though. We'd want to know where the PCI devices are actually rooted.

Another reason OMPI wants the whole system: be able to tell the memory characteristics of other processes on the same server as me (e.g., be able to tell that it's on a different numa node, socket, ...etc.).

For corporate legal information go to: