Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] 1.4.5rc5 has been released
From: TERRY DONTJE (terry.dontje_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-02-08 06:25:24

On 2/7/2012 4:25 PM, Paul H. Hargrove wrote:

> On 2/7/2012 8:59 AM, Jeff Squyres wrote:
>> This fixes all known issues.
>
> Well, not quite...
>
> I've SUCCESSFULLY retested 44 out of the 55 cpu/os/compiler/abi
> combinations currently on my list.
> I expect 9 more by the end of the day (the older/slower hosts), but
> two of my test hosts are down.
>
> So far I see only two problems that remain:
>
> + I can't build w/ the PGI compilers on MacOS Lion.
> This was previously reported in
> http://www.open-mpi.org/community/lists/devel/2012/01/10258.php
>
> + Building w/ Solaris Studio 12.2 or 12.3 on Linux x86-64, with "-m32"
> required setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
Can the LD_LIBRARY_PATH be substituted with a rpath change in LDFLAGS of
the build?
> This is could either be Oracle's bug in the compiler, or a libtool
> problem.
> My report was:
> http://www.open-mpi.org/community/lists/devel/2012/01/10272.php

I thought I responded to the above issue. I think this may be a OS
distribution (Solaris Studio assumption) issue. On my RH system /lib
contains the 32 libraries and /lib64 has the 64 bit libs. I assume your
system may have it the other way around (/lib = 64 bit libs and /lib32
has 32 bit). Can you confirm that your /lib contains 64 bit libs. Also
can you do a "cc -### -m32" compile and link of a simple program and
confirm that the compiler is pulling in /lib (I am 99% certain it is).
Also, is this /lib is 64 bit libraries a common thing, none of my Linux
systems are set up this way.

Anyways, I think maybe a note in the README is in store for such setups.

Developer Tools Engineering | +1.781.442.2631
Oracle *- Performance Technologies*
95 Network Drive, Burlington, MA 01803