Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] 1.4.5rc4 is out
From: Paul H. Hargrove (PHHargrove_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-01-31 15:48:47

You killed off many of my "corner case" platforms in the README, which
is good enough for me.

I've verified the gmake dependence (asm generation on BSD) has been fixed.

I've also confirmed that MacOS 10.3 is gracefully rejected by configure.

However, in addition to the reported "almost" on opal/util/path.c, I
found another of "my 8" still unaddressed:

> 2) Must --disable-io-romio on OpenBSD

Nobody has yet told me to shutup about that one, so I mention it here
for completeness.
Having looked only briefly at the failure, I see that it is in ROMIO's
equivalent of opal_path_nfs().
So, there could be logic in opal/util/path.c to fix ROMIO for OpenBSD.
Of course, that is assuming no errors then pop up later in the build.

-Paul

On 1/31/2012 11:21 AM, Jeff Squyres wrote:
> Hot on the heels of rc3, rc4 is out:
>
> http://www.open-mpi.org/software/ompi/v1.4/
>
> The main differences are the 8 issues that Paul Hargrove mentioned:
>
> Make v1.4 configure fail on OS X 10.3 and earlier
>
> Fix opal/util/path.c for Linux with old compilers
>
> README updates for the Sun compilers
>
> README updates noting systems that are no longer supported
>
> Fix assembly generation code on BSD in v1.4

Future Technologies Group