Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Pessimist Event Logger
From: Aurélien Bouteiller (bouteill_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-01-27 10:34:49

Hugo,

Your program does not have non-deterministic events. Therefore, there are no events to log. If you add MPI_ANY_SOURCE, you should see this code being called. Please contact me again if you need more help.

Aurelien

Le 27 janv. 2012 à 10:21, Hugo Daniel Meyer a écrit :

> Hello @ll.
>
> George, i'm using some pieces of the pessimist vprotocol. I've observed that when you do a send, you call vprotocol_receiver_event_flush and here the macro __VPROTOCOL_RECEIVER_SEND_BUFFER is called. I've noticed that here you try send a copy of the message to process 0 using the el_comm. This section of code is never executed, at least in my examples. So, the message is never sent to the Event Logger, am i correct with this? I think that this is happening because the mca_vprotocol_pessimist.event_buffer_length is always 0.
>
> Is there something that i've got to turn on, or i will have to modify this behavior manually to connect and send messages to the EL?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Hugo Meyer

* Dr. Aurélien Bouteiller
* Researcher at Innovative Computing Laboratory
* University of Tennessee
* 1122 Volunteer Boulevard, suite 350
* Knoxville, TN 37996
* 865 974 6321