Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] [OMPI svn-full] svn:open-mpi r25762
From: George Bosilca (bosilca_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-01-23 15:07:58

On Jan 21, 2012, at 23:33 , Ralph Castain wrote:

> We could - but the cmd line is already quite long, and that would make it worse.

We have up to 16k on most ssh-aware OSes (32k on most of the Linux), so today we're still a light-year away from that. The extra 40 chars ("export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=LD_LIBRARY_PATH") will certainly take us closer to the limit, but not by a significant amount.

Moreover, the solution I proposed will work in any cases, without having to have prior knowledge about the peer (aka ping the remote host with a uname command).

  george.