Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] [OMPI svn-full] svn:open-mpi r25742
From: George Bosilca (bosilca_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-01-19 13:58:04

This is a critical change, with a significant impact on the code base. Basically by moving the binding later in the code after the modex was completed, all memory allocated before (which is all memory allocated during the registration of all OMPI modules) will endue being on the wrong NUMA node (at least by default on Linux). This can have tremendous impact on performance!

  george.