Open MPI logo

Open MPI Development Mailing List Archives

  |   Home   |   Support   |   FAQ   |   all Development mailing list

Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] missing file when running autogen - ALSO in 1.4.5rc1
From: TERRY DONTJE (terry.dontje_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-12-21 07:13:54


Paul's probably more than likely right. The nightly runs Oracle does
using MTT and tarballs do not do autogen.sh (which I believe is not
expected anyways, right). All other builds we do using autogen.* are
from an svn workspace.

--td

On 12/20/2011 8:21 PM, Paul H. Hargrove wrote:
> Not too bizarre.
> This probably just means that nobody has ever run autogen.sh from a
> tarball on a system using Sun's FORTRAN compiler.
>
> -Paul
>
> On 12/20/2011 5:01 PM, Ralph Castain wrote:
>> Bizarre - fixed it too, but no promise when that might appear in a
>> release.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> On Dec 20, 2011, at 5:10 PM, Paul H. Hargrove wrote:
>>
>>> You are welcome.
>>> NOTE: the same issue exists in 1.4.5rc1
>>>
>>> $ grep for-sun-fortran openmpi-1.4.5rc1/autogen.sh
>>> config/modify-configure-for-sun-fortran.pl
>>> $ tar tfj openmpi-1.4.5rc1.tar.bz2 | grep
>>> modify-configure-for-sun-fortran.pl || echo NOPE
>>> NOPE
>>>
>>> -Paul
>>>
>>> On 12/20/2011 3:55 PM, Ralph Castain wrote:
>>>> You are quite correct - it was indeed missing from Makefile.am!
>>>> Fixed - and thanks!
>>>>
>>>> On Dec 20, 2011, at 4:40 PM, Paul H. Hargrove wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Regardless of any other issues the referenced file does not appear
>>>>> in the tarball at all:
>>>>>
>>>>> $ tar tfj openmpi-1.5.5rc1.tar.bz2 | grep
>>>>> modify-configure-for-sun-fortran.pl || echo NOPE
>>>>> NOPE
>>>>>
>>>>> -Paul
>>>>>
>>>>> On 12/20/2011 3:30 PM, Jeff Squyres wrote:
>>>>>> Yeah, we've known about this one and mostly ignored it.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> It occurs when autogen.sh is in a non-root directory and tries to
>>>>>> run that script in a place where it doesn't exist (it does exist
>>>>>> in the root directory). We hadn't previously bothered to fix it
>>>>>> because a) it's in autogen and users won't see it, b) we've
>>>>>> revamped autogen on the trunk such that this doesn't happen
>>>>>> anyway, and c) it's a non-fatal error (and reflects correct
>>>>>> behavior anyway -- we don't need that script run anywhere except
>>>>>> the root).
>>>>>>
>>>>>> I'll add it to the list, but I don't know if it'll actually get
>>>>>> fixed.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> On Dec 20, 2011, at 6:22 PM, Paul H. Hargrove wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> While trying to resolve the gmake-vs-bmake problem I ran
>>>>>>> autogen.sh and saw:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> /home/phargrov/OMPI/openmpi-1.5.5rc1/openmpi-1.5.5rc1/autogen.sh: line
>>>>>>> 701: config/modify-configure-for-sun-fortran.pl: No such file or
>>>>>>> directory
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> I suspect this just requires an addition to EXTRA_DIST in
>>>>>>> config/Makefile.am
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> -Paul
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> --
>>>>>>> Paul H. Hargrove PHHargrove_at_[hidden]
>>>>>>> Future Technologies Group
>>>>>>> HPC Research Department Tel: +1-510-495-2352
>>>>>>> Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory Fax: +1-510-486-6900
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>>>>> devel mailing list
>>>>>>> devel_at_[hidden]
>>>>>>> http://www.open-mpi.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/devel
>>>>> --
>>>>> Paul H. Hargrove PHHargrove_at_[hidden]
>>>>> Future Technologies Group
>>>>> HPC Research Department Tel: +1-510-495-2352
>>>>> Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory Fax: +1-510-486-6900
>>>>>
>>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>>> devel mailing list
>>>>> devel_at_[hidden]
>>>>> http://www.open-mpi.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/devel
>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>> devel mailing list
>>>> devel_at_[hidden]
>>>> http://www.open-mpi.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/devel
>>> --
>>> Paul H. Hargrove PHHargrove_at_[hidden]
>>> Future Technologies Group
>>> HPC Research Department Tel: +1-510-495-2352
>>> Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory Fax: +1-510-486-6900
>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> devel mailing list
>>> devel_at_[hidden]
>>> http://www.open-mpi.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/devel
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> devel mailing list
>> devel_at_[hidden]
>> http://www.open-mpi.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/devel
>

-- 
Oracle
Terry D. Dontje | Principal Software Engineer
Developer Tools Engineering | +1.781.442.2631
Oracle *- Performance Technologies*
95 Network Drive, Burlington, MA 01803
Email terry.dontje_at_[hidden] <mailto:terry.dontje_at_[hidden]>



picture