Subject: [OMPI devel] openmpi-1.5.5rc1: VT-related check failures
From: Paul H. Hargrove (PHHargrove_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-12-17 03:07:04

Solaris-10 testers on both x86 and SPARC both produced errors on
<stdbool.h> included from
ompi/contrib/vt/vt/extlib/otf/tests/thumbnail/thumbnail.c during "make
check". This is due to the following in /usr/include/stdbool.h on
Solaris 10:
> * Included for alignment with the ISO/IEC 9899:1999 standard. The
> * contents of this header are only visible when using a c99
> * compiler, otherwise inclusion of this header will result in a
> * forced compilation failure.
As that comment implies, there is an #error on non-c99 compilations.

This was simple to work-around on these platforms by adding "-std=c99"
to CFLAGS on both systems, but would not help on systems which don't
have an stdbool.h at all.

Additionally, this work-around should NOT be necessary because it
appears this header is not actually used.
So, I recommend removing "#include <stdbool.h>" from
ompi/contrib/vt/vt/extlib/otf/tests/thumbnail/thumbnail.c

If "#include <stdbool.h>" must remain, then it should be guarded by "#if
HAVE_STDBOOL_H".

-Paul

--
Paul H. HargrovePHHargrove_at_[hidden]