Subject: [OMPI devel] openmpi-1.5.5rc1 (re)tested on non-linux platforms
From: Paul H. Hargrove (PHHargrove_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-12-16 22:07:31

I said I didn't have the patience to retest until rc2, but a bit of
scripting has changed that.
It not only gave me the patience to re-test, but to expand my testing to
15 non-linux machines.

I've tested the 1.5.5rc1 tarball on a pile of non-linix systems with 2
fixes in place:
   + Added #includes of sys/types.h and sys/wait.h to
ompi/contrib/vt/vt/extlib/otf/tools/otfprofile/clustering.cpp
   + Deleted
opal/mca/hwloc/hwloc122ompi/hwloc/include/hwloc/autogen/config.h
Both have been the subject of previous posts and I'll not elaborate on
them here.

With those in place, I have been able to "(g)make all install check" on
the following:

   MacOS 10.4 on PPC
   MacOS 10.5 on PPC
   MacOS 10.4 on x86-64
   MacOS 10.5 on x86-64
   MacOS 10.6 on x86-64
   MacOS 10.7 on x86-64
   FreeBSD 6.3-RELEASE on amd64
   FreeBSD 7.2-RELEASE on amd64
   FreeBSD 8.2-RELEASE on amd64
   FreeBSD 8.2-RELEASE on x86
   NetBSD-5.1 on amd64
   NetBSD-5.1 on x86
   OpenBSD-5.0 on amd64
   OpenBSD-5.0 on x86
   Solaris-11 on amd64 (incl. OFUD, OPENIB and UDAPL)

Note that the *BSD platforms all required gmake (in place of the system
default Berkeley Make).
Other than --prefix, the only configure argument used was
"--disable-io-romio" on the BSD platforms.

I have slow Solaris10 boxes (1 each x86 and sparc) that I will test as
time allows.

-Paul

Future Technologies Group