Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] MPIR attach from padb broken (1.5.5rc1)
From: George Bosilca (bosilca_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-12-15 17:02:49

On Dec 15, 2011, at 16:55 , Ashley Pittman wrote:

> There is a problem with 1.5.5rc1 that prevents padb from loading the process table start from the orterun process, what appears to be happening is that MPIR_proctable and MPIR_proctable_size is present in both orterun itself and also in, the code is correctly setting them in however when gdb is picking the variable from orterun in preference and hence padb is reading NULL values.

Indeed, there are two definitions, but a single declaration. This is true for both the trunk and the 1.5.

./orte/mca/debugger/base/base.h:61:ORTE_DECLSPEC extern struct MPIR_PROCDESC *MPIR_proctable;
./orte/mca/debugger/base/base.h:62:ORTE_DECLSPEC extern int MPIR_proctable_size;

./orte/mca/debugger/base/debugger_base_open.c:42:struct MPIR_PROCDESC *MPIR_proctable = NULL;
./orte/mca/debugger/base/debugger_base_open.c:43:int MPIR_proctable_size = 0;

./orte/tools/orterun/debuggers.c:142:struct MPIR_PROCDESC *MPIR_proctable = NULL;
./orte/tools/orterun/debuggers.c:143:int MPIR_proctable_size = 0;