Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] MPIR attach from padb broken (1.5.5rc1)
From: George Bosilca (bosilca_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-12-15 17:02:49

On Dec 15, 2011, at 16:55 , Ashley Pittman wrote:

> There is a problem with 1.5.5rc1 that prevents padb from loading the process table start from the orterun process, what appears to be happening is that MPIR_proctable and MPIR_proctable_size is present in both orterun itself and also in libopen-rte.so, the code is correctly setting them in libopen-rte.so however when gdb is picking the variable from orterun in preference and hence padb is reading NULL values.

Indeed, there are two definitions, but a single declaration. This is true for both the trunk and the 1.5.

./orte/mca/debugger/base/base.h:61:ORTE_DECLSPEC extern struct MPIR_PROCDESC *MPIR_proctable;
./orte/mca/debugger/base/base.h:62:ORTE_DECLSPEC extern int MPIR_proctable_size;

./orte/mca/debugger/base/debugger_base_open.c:42:struct MPIR_PROCDESC *MPIR_proctable = NULL;
./orte/mca/debugger/base/debugger_base_open.c:43:int MPIR_proctable_size = 0;

./orte/tools/orterun/debuggers.c:142:struct MPIR_PROCDESC *MPIR_proctable = NULL;
./orte/tools/orterun/debuggers.c:143:int MPIR_proctable_size = 0;

  george.