Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] 1.5.5rc1 is out
From: Ashley Pittman (ashley_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-12-15 15:50:09

On 15 Dec 2011, at 20:16, Ashley Pittman wrote:

> On 14 Dec 2011, at 04:36, Jeff Squyres wrote:
>
>> In the usual place:
>>
>> http://www.open-mpi.org/software/ompi/v1.5/
>>
>> Please test! I would really like to get this out by the end of the week.
>
> As with 1.4 I've tested it on two nodes of Ubuntu 11.10 (hpcloud) and confirm that it works as expected and that padb can attach to jobs and read the message queues correctly.

I take this back, by parsing the output of otre-ps I can attach to jobs and read data from the ranks, I cannot however read the job state from the otrerun process, the symbol "MPIR_proctable_size" resolves and I can read it but the value is zero.

I see the other thread about Totalview being broken but that seems to resolve around MPIR_Breakpoint in the application so I believe that is a different issue.

To test for this with padb, run a job with orterun and on the same node run "padb -axt -Ormgr=mpirun",

Ashley.