Ok, here's what I did:
--> pulls in symbols like MPIR_Breakpoint via a different dummy function
--> Fixes the ORTE_DECLSPEC typos that George found
LANL: Can you verify that this (still) works for you with totalview and stat?
On Dec 15, 2011, at 1:35 PM, Jeff Squyres wrote:
> On Dec 15, 2011, at 10:28 AM, Ralph Castain wrote:
>>> I have had the chance now to test it with totalview and stat 1.1.0. Looks good. I pushed the fix to the trunk and it will need to be CMRed to 1.5.
> Ralph and I just talked about this on the phone some more -- I don't think https://svn.open-mpi.org/trac/ompi/changeset/25654 was the right fix.
> We still need to ensure that all the symbols in orte/debugger/base/debugger_base_fns.o are pulled in from shared libraries at run-time. Totalview may well have gotten confused if we used the actual MPIR_Breakpoint symbol to pull it in (i.e., it actually broke right there, rather than when we actually invoked MPIR_Breakpoint, later).
> A better way might be to use another dummy function to pull in all the symbols from that .o file. I.e., instead of doing foo=MPIR_Breakpoint, call some other dummy function that lives in debugger_base_fns.c. It's only purpose in life would be to ensure that all the symbols -- including MPIR_Breakpoint -- are pulled in at run time.
> I'll go do that on the trunk right now...
> Jeff Squyres
> For corporate legal information go to:
> devel mailing list
For corporate legal information go to: