Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Totalview broken with 1.5/trunk
From: George Bosilca (bosilca_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-12-14 20:44:50

A comment in the commit suggest that the symbols were not linked into the orterun if they were not accessed there. I guess this was the trick to make sure MPIR_Breakpoint is in there.

Now that you pointed me to this commit I have to disagree with. Why the MPI debugging symbols have been deleted in favor of using the one on ORTE? Why the ompi header files contains declarations starting with ORTE_DECLSPEC?

  george.