Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] 1.5.5rc1 tested: MacOS 10.4 x86-64 hwloc build failure
From: Brice Goglin (Brice.Goglin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-12-14 02:50:58

Le 14/12/2011 08:29, Paul H. Hargrove a écrit :
> I've attempted the build on MacOS 10.4 (Tiger) on x86-64, I hit the
> same hwloc issue I've encountered on {Free,Open,Net}BSD.
> The build fails with
>> CCLD opal_wrapper
>> /usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
>> _opal_hwloc122_hwloc_backend_sysfs_exit
>> _opal_hwloc122_hwloc_backend_sysfs_init
>> _opal_hwloc122_hwloc_look_linux
>> _opal_hwloc122_hwloc_set_linux_hooks

At least FreeBSD and darwin should be detected by configure so the big
configure warning should not appear there.

OpenBSD and NetBSD are not detected explicitly IIRC, so the warning is
expected there.

But none of these cases should cause the Linux code to be built anyway
(the above symbols), so it seems to me that something is broken in the
way OMPI uses hwloc's configure.

Brice