Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] OMPI 1.4.5rc1 posted
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-12-13 20:59:23

On Dec 13, 2011, at 5:56 PM, Christopher Samuel wrote:

>> Did David's suggestion help?
>
> It did, thanks - though I take David's point that there doesn't seem to
> be any measurable difference between using local storage (or even tmpfs)
> and Lustre for this so it seems like a warning that should be configurable.

Fair enough. We've definitely seen cases where the /tmp filesystem *did* matter, so perhaps it's a kernel version issue, or a phase of the moon issue, or...

But yet, the point is valid that the message should be disable-able. Let me file a ticket about it... Done:

For corporate legal information go to: