Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] VT issue
From: George Bosilca (bosilca_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-11-14 17:39:08

This is supposed to be an intrinsic, automatically replaced by GCC during the compilation process. If I do the same configure as you (on the same machine) I have in my opal_config.h:

/* Whether C compiler supports __builtin_expect */
#define OPAL_C_HAVE_BUILTIN_EXPECT 1
/* Whether C++ compiler supports __builtin_expect */
#define OMPI_CXX_HAVE_BUILTIN_EXPECT 0

This means that the C compiler supports __builtin_expect while the C++ compiler doesn't. I guess the VT-folks should fix their usage of the BUILTIN_EXPECT macro …

  george.