Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] debugger changes
From: Paul H. Hargrove (PHHargrove_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-11-08 18:56:07

Now this thread is starting to read like an episode of The Big Bang Theory.

One possible guess as to how/why MPICH has managed w/o "volatile" would
be that they may pass less aggressive optimization flags to the
compilers. It is a then a question of which MPI implementation is
supporting a choice of compilers, not a selection of debuggers.

-Paul

On 11/8/2011 3:48 PM, George Bosilca wrote:
> I will therefore propose to forever ban all compiler guys from this time-space, as now we have the undeniable proof that they concoct an evil plan against us. Otherwise, I can't explain how MPICH never had to add volatile to these particular variables and still support all these debuggers…
>
> george.

Future Technologies Group