Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] debugger changes
From: Paul H. Hargrove (PHHargrove_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-11-08 17:56:45

In theory, might a sufficiently smart compiler and linker eliminate some
MPIR_* variables after optimization? If that could potentially be true,
then perhaps the volatile qualifier would prevent such a removal, which
would break the existence check(s) by the debugger? Just a thought.

-Paul

On 11/8/2011 2:46 PM, George Bosilca wrote:
> This value is not even read by the debugger. It only check for it's existence in the startup process, so I guess we're safe here as well.

Future Technologies Group