Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] RFC: new btl descriptor flags
From: George Bosilca (bosilca_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-11-29 15:08:11

These two functions target at defining a memory layout (contiguous or not) that can be target for a one-sided communication. I don't see why there is a need to know what type of communication that will be … What is so different in the xpmem that requires the memory to be prepared based on the operations that will follow?

Moreover, the prepare_src is used outside the context of one-sided, in the send protocol. How do you plan to address send operations?

  george.