Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] [OMPI svn] svn:open-mpi r25323
From: George Bosilca (bosilca_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-10-19 18:41:51

A careful reading of the committed patch, would have pointed out that none of the concerns raised so far were true, the "old-way" behavior of the OMPI code was preserved. Moreover, every single of the error codes removed were not used in ages.

What Brian pointed out as evil, evil being a subjective notion by itself, didn't prevent the correct behavior of the code, nor affected in any way it's correctness. Anyway, to address his concern I pushed a patch (25333) putting the OMPI error codes back where they were originally.

In other words we spent a very unproductive day, arguing over unfounded arguments and "thought-to-be" behaviors.

  george.