Subject: [OMPI devel] IBM to acquire Platform Computing!
From: Rayson Ho (raysonlogin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-10-11 17:22:40

I guess Platform MPI (which is a "merge" of Scali MPI & HP-MPI) will
get technologies from IBM MPI as well... or "merge" IBM's MPI into
Platform MPI (merge is around quotes because it is in general hard to
merge technologies - like I told a co-worker 10 years ago that one
can't just merge SGE with PBS and get a better batch system, and one
can't just merge Alpha with PA-RISC and get a super-fast
microprocessor). So I guess there will be some engineering to do at
IBM/Platform.

It is nevertheless exciting news!!

http://www.platform.com/press-releases/2011/IBMtoAcquireSystemSoftwareCompanyPlatformComputingtoExtendReachofTechnicalComputing

Rayson