Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Launcher in trunk is broken?
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-10-10 13:44:32

On Oct 10, 2011, at 1:29 PM, Ralph Castain wrote:

>>> From a network point of view, there is a slight issue with the commit 25245. A direct call to exit will close all pending sockets, with a linger of 60 seconds (quite bad if you use static ports as an example). There are proper protocols to shutdown sockets in a reliable way, maybe it is time to implement one of them.
>
> Did I miss this message somewhere? I didn't receive it.

Sidenote on this thread -- no, you didn't miss an email. George started his paragraph with "From ", which internet mail systems reserve as a special token indicating the beginning of the headers of a new mail message. Hence, many (most? all?) outgoing mail servers, when they detect a line beginning with "From " in the body of a mail, will automatically insert a "> " before the "From ", resulting in "> From ". This way, that line/paragraph won't be confused with the beginning of a new message.

Unfortunately, that's just like quoting a paragraph; most mail clients (including OS X Mail) can't tell the difference. End result: it *looks* like the "From a network..." paragraph is quoted from another message, but it's actually not. It's just a quirk in how internet mail works.

For corporate legal information go to: