Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Bull Vendor ID disappeared from IB ini file
From: sylvain.jeaugey_at_[hidden]
Date: 2011-09-07 11:45:43

v1.4 and v1.5 seem fine. So, it's only missing in the trunk.

I'll commit this asap.

Thanks for your explanations,
Sylvain

De : Jeff Squyres <jsquyres_at_[hidden]>
A : Open MPI Developers <devel_at_[hidden]>
Date : 07/09/2011 17:21
Envoyé par : devel-bounces_at_[hidden]

+1. Sorry about that, Sylvain -- please re-commit.

Is the right stuff on v1.4 / v1.5?

On Sep 7, 2011, at 10:04 AM, Ralph Castain wrote:

> Quite possible - subversion was having its typical convulsions over the
configure system change as there were lots of conflicting commits during
that time. I'd suggest just re-committing your change.

> On Sep 7, 2011, at 8:00 AM, Rolf vandeVaart wrote:
>

>> Actually, I think you are off by which commit undid the change. It was
this one. And the message does suggest it might have caused problems.

>> https://svn.open-mpi.org/trac/ompi/changeset/23764
>> Timestamp:
>> 09/17/10 19:04:06 (12 months ago)
>> Author:
>> rhc
>> Message:
>> WARNING: Work on the temp branch being merged here encountered
problems with bugs in subversion. Considerable effort has gone into
validating the branch. However, not all conditions can be checked, so
users are cautioned that it may be advisable to not update from the trunk
for a few days to allow MTT to identify platform-specific issues.
>> This merges the branch containing the revamped build system based
around converting autogen from a bash script to a Perl program. Jeff has
provided emails explaining the features contained in the change.
>> Please note that configure requirements on components HAVE CHANGED.
For example. a configure.params file is no longer required in each
component directory. See Jeff's emails for an explanation.

Of Sylvain Jeaugey [sylvain.jeaugey_at_[hidden]]
>> Sent: Wednesday, September 07, 2011 8:56 AM
>> To: Open MPI Developers
>> Subject: [OMPI devel] Bull Vendor ID disappeared from IB ini file
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I just realized that Bull Vendor IDs for Infiniband cards disappeared
from
>> the trunk. Actually, they were removed shortly after we included them
in
>> last September.
>>
>> The original commit was :
>> r23715 | derbeyn | 2010-09-03 16:13:19 +0200 (Fri, 03 Sep 2010) | 1
line
>> Added Bull vendor id for ConnectX card
>>
>> An here is the commit that undid Nadia's patch :
>> r23791 | swise | 2010-09-22 20:16:53 +0200 (Wed, 22 Sep 2010) | 2 lines
>> Add T4 device IDs to openib btl params ini file.
>>
>> It does indeed add some T4 device IDs and removes our vendor ID. The
other
>> thing that bugs me is that unlike the commit message suggests, this
patch
>> does a lot more than adding T4 device ids. So, It looks like something
>> went wrong on this commit (something like : I forgot to update and
forced
>> the commit) and it may be worth checking nothing else were reverted
with
>> this commit ...
>>
>> Sylvain

>> This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and
may contain
>> confidential information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution
>> is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
the sender by
>> reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

For corporate legal information go to: