Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] OMPI_MCA_opal_set_max_sys_limits
From: Eugene Loh (eugene.loh_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-09-01 02:52:12

On 8/31/2011 4:48 AM, Ralph Castain wrote:
> Perhaps it would help if you had clearly stated your concern.
Yeah. It would have helped had I clearly understood what was going on.
Most of all, that way I wouldn't have had to ask any questions! :^)
> From this description, I gather your concern is -not- that remote processes don't see the setting, but that the remote -orteds- don't see it.
Let's dumb this down a notch for my sake. Let's say I want to run a job
with the TCP BTL and have lots of processes. I hit a descriptor limit
and so my friend tells me to use the MCA parameter
opal_set_max_sys_limits. So, is the point that while most MCA
parameters can be set on the mpirun command line *OR* in param files
*OR* with environment variables, in this case the environment-variable
setting should be avoided?