Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] RFC: adding OMPIO module and new parallel I/O frameworks to trunk
From: Edgar Gabriel (gabriel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-08-25 16:23:52

the code has been committed in r25079. Let us know if there are any
issues, compilation problems etc. I also work on an FAQ entry as has
been suggested on the teleconf last week.

Thanks
Edgar

On 8/12/2011 3:09 PM, Edgar Gabriel wrote:
> WHAT: add the ompio io module and new parallel io frameworks to trunk
>
> TIMEOUT: 08/22/2011
>
> DETAILS:
>
> we would like to bring the ompio module and the new parallel io
> frameworks to the trunk to expose it to a wider set of platforms and
> more widespread testing. The current functionality - while not yet
> providing the full functionality of MPI I/O - is already useful, since
> all blocking individual and collective I/O operations (arbitrary file
> views, implicit and explicit offset) are supported. The missing
> functionality ( non-blocking individual I/O and shared file pointers)
> are currently being worked on and exist partially as stand-alone libraries.
>
> The current goal is to enable compilation of the new modules and
> frameworks per default, but not use them unless explicitly requested by
> the user, i.e. ROMIO will remain the default selection.
>
> Very little existing code is being touched, since most of the new code
> are new frameworks and modules. If somebody would like to have a look at
> the code and the changes, here isa public repository with the code.
>
> https://bitbucket.org/mschaara/ompio
>
> The list of modified files are:
> ? ompi/mca/fbtl
> ? ompi/mca/sharedfp
> ? ompi/mca/fcoll
> ? ompi/mca/fs
> ? ompi/mca/fcache
> ? ompi/mca/io/ompio
> M ompi/mca/io/romio/src/io_romio_component.c
> M ompi/mca/io/base/io_base_file_select.c
> M ompi/mca/io/base/io_base_delete.c
> ? ompi/config/ompi_check_pvfs2.m4
> ? ompi/config/ompi_check_lustre.m4
>
> Feedback is highly welcome.
>
> Thanks
> Edgar

Edgar Gabriel
Assistant Professor
Parallel Software Technologies Lab      http://pstl.cs.uh.edu
Department of Computer Science          University of Houston
Philip G. Hoffman Hall, Room 524        Houston, TX-77204, USA
Tel: +1 (713) 743-3857                  Fax: +1 (713) 743-3335