Please read and double check. Send any edits to me, or edit NEWS on the trunk directly. Thanks.
- Add support for the (as yet unreleased) Mellanox MXM transport.
- Add support for dynamic service levels (SLs) in the openib BTL.
- Fixed C++ bindings cosmetic/warnings issue with
MPI::Comm::NULL_COPY_FN and MPI::Comm::NULL_DELETE_FN. Thanks to
Júlio Hoffimann for identifying the issues.
- Also allow the word "slots" in rankfiles (i.e., not just "slot").
- Add Mellanox ConnectX 3 device IDs to the openib BTL defaults.
- Various FCA updates.
- Fix 32 bit SIGBUS errors on Solaris SPARC platforms.
- Add missing ARM assembly code files.
- Update to allow more than 128 entries in an appfile.
- Various VT updates and bug fixes.
- Update description of btl_openib_cq_size to be more accurate.
- Various assembly "clobber" fixes.
- Fix a hang in carto selection in obscure situations.
- Fix for NetBSD, which doesn't have <execinfo.h>
- Support Solaris legacy munmap prototype changes.
- Updated to Automake 1.11.1 per
- Fix compilation of LSF support.
- Update MPI_Comm_spawn_multiple.3 man page to reflect what it
- Fix for possible corruption of the environment. Thanks to Peter
Thompson for the suggestion.
- Enable use of PSM on direct-launch SLURM jobs.
- Update paffinity hwloc to v1.2, and to fix minor bugs affinity
assignment bugs on PPC64/Linux platforms.
- Let the openib BTL auto-detect its bandwidth.
- Support new MPI-2.2 datatypes.
- Updates to support more datatypes in MPI one-sided communication.
- Fix recursive locking bug when MPI-IO was used with
- Fix mpirun handling of prefix conflicts.
- Ensure mpirun's --xterm options leaves sessions attached.
- Fix types of the sendcounts and displs parameters to the F90 module
for MPI_Scatterv (while still preserving the F90 ABI). Thanks to
Stanislav Sazykin for identifying the issue.
- Fix indexed datatype leaks. Thanks to Pascal Deveze for supplying
the initial patch.
- Fix debugger mapping when mpirun's -npernode option is used.
- Fixed support for configure's --disable-dlopen option when used with
- Fix segv associated with MPI_Comm_create with MPI_GROUP_EMPTY.
- Improved LoadLeveler ORTE support.
- Add new WindVerbs BTL plugin, supporting native OpenFabrics verbs on
Windows (the "wv" BTL).
- Add new btl_openib_gid_index MCA parameter to allow selecting which
GID to use on an OpenFabrics device's GID table.
- Add support for PCI relaxed ordering in the OpenFabrics BTL (when
- Update rsh logic to allow correct SGE operation.
- Ensure that the mca_paffinity_alone MCA parameter only appears once
in the ompi_info output. Thanks to Gus Correa for identifying the
- Fix return status from MPI_Probe.
- Remove --enable-progress-thread configure option; it doesn't work on
the v1.5 branch. Rename --enable-mpi-threads to
--enable-mpi-thread-multiple. Add new --enable-opal-multi-threads
- Updates for Intel Fortran compiler version 12.
- Remove bproc support. Farewell bproc!
- If something goes wrong during during MPI_INIT, fix the error
message to say that it's illegal to invoke MPI_INIT before
- Fixed type of sendcounts and displs in the "use mpi" F90 module.
ABI is preserved, but applications may well be broken. See the README
for more details.
For corporate legal information go to: