Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] bug report-
From: Shiqing Fan (fan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-08-08 17:04:37

Hi,

I've never tried this Boost.MPI with Open MPI on Windows. Does it work
without the Boost.MPI library? Did you run your test under MinGW?

Regards,
Shiqing

On 2011-08-08 5:31 PM, renyong.yang wrote:
> Run time environment of mine is Windows 7, with the unstable
> OpenMPI_v1.5.3-2_win32.exe
> <http://www.open-mpi.org/software/ompi/v1.5/downloads/OpenMPI_v1.5.3-2_win32.exe> release
> for Windows, together with Microsoft Compute Cluster Pack.
> Additionally I'm using Boost.MPI library v1.47 compiled by mingw, I
> write those following codes:
> int main(int argc, char **argv)
> {
> mpi::environment env(argc, argv); // Boost.MPI class
> boost::mpi::communicator worldCom; // Boost.MPI class
> std::cout << "rank():" << worldCom.rank() << std::endl;
> worldCom.barrier();
>
> return 0;
> }
> and successfully compiled and linked with your library as "a.exe" by
> mingw, however, if I run it:
> >mpirun -np 4 a.exe
> the command will create 4 process with the same rank "0", I wonder if
> it's the bug of your unstable release for windows?
> BTW, can you publish the Visual studio project to the subversion?
> Thanks very much.

Shiqing Fan
High Performance Computing Center Stuttgart (HLRS)
Tel: ++49(0)711-685-87234      Nobelstrasse 19
Fax: ++49(0)711-685-65832      70569 Stuttgart
http://www.hlrs.de/organization/people/shiqing-fan/
email: fan_at_[hidden]