Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Uninitialized ORTE epoch values
From: Thomas Herault (herault.thomas_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-08-05 18:17:55

The warnings issued through ess_base_select.c:46 are annoying but harmless. Wesley is going to hunt them and remove them, but they are really issued because of the print:
orte_ess_base_proc_get_epoch (ess_base_select.c:46) calls ORTE_NAME_PRINT(proc), which prints proc->epoch, before proc->epoch is assigned to the local computed value epoch. This assignment is done in the level just above orte_ess_base_proc_get_epoch: orte_odls_base_default_construct_child_list (odls_base_default_fns.c:737) says proc->epoch = orte_ess_base_proc_get_epoch(proc);

Wesley is going to find where this proc was created to ensure that its epoch field is initialized to INVALID_EPOCH, but what this trace says is really that nothing references it before it is initialized to its correct value.

Thomas