Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Open MPI + HWLOC + Static build issue
From: Brice Goglin (Brice.Goglin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-08-05 05:55:51

Le 04/08/2011 02:24, Jeff Squyres a écrit :
> Libtool's -all-static flag probably resolves to some gcc flag(s), right? Can you just pass those in via CFLAGS / LDFLAGS to configure and then not pass anything in via make?

I only see an additional -static flag on the final program-link gcc
command-line when -all-static is given to libtool. But if you pass
LDFLAGS=-static to configure, it's interpreted by libtool and gcc
doesn't get a -static when linking programs.

Pasha, as a workaround, did you try adding LDFLAGS=-static to the OMPI
configure line? This seems to fix hwloc libnuma detection problems. But
I don't know if it will cause other problems for you. Note that you will
still need LDFLAGS=-all-static on the make command line.

Brice