Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Open MPI + HWLOC + Static build issue
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-08-03 14:37:20

On Aug 3, 2011, at 12:18 PM, Brice Goglin wrote:

> I reproduced here on SLES10 with
> ./configure --enable-static --disable-shared
> --with-wrapper-ldflags=-static --disable-dlopen --enable-contrib-no-build=vt
> and
> make -j 8 orted_LDFLAGS=-all-static all

Shouldn't you pass the same LDFLAGS to configure as to make?

I.e., if you tell configure "configure it <this> way" but then you tell make "build it <that> way", I'm not surprised that it doesn't work. Left hand not talking to the right hand and all that.

Shouldn't you instead do:

   ./configure --enable-static --disable-shared \
      LDFLAGS="-static -all-static all"
   make -j 8

That being said, I don't seem to have a version of gcc that supports -all-static, so I can't test this myself...

Sidenote -- it looks like --without-memory-manager is broken on the trunk (i.e., it still builds a memory manager if you use that switch). I'll file a bug and look at this later.

For corporate legal information go to: