Subject: [OMPI devel] cross-platform execution
From: Maurice Feskanich (maurice.feskanich_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-08-01 15:03:51

Hi All,

Is there any advice/documentation/FAQs/whatever that talks about
cross-platform issues? Say, for instance, my users run mpirun on
Solaris and they want their jobs to run on Linux. I'm looking for any
and all parameters/settings that I need to be aware of, tweak, clear,
etc. to make sure this works. Through a bit of trial-and-error, I know
that I need to pass the right prefix to find the orted, and
~/.openmpi/mca-params.conf (mca_component_path at least) needs to match
the platform at both ends. I'm sure there are many others.

I can't imagine I'm the first one to try this, so any info or pointers
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Maury Feskanich