Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] orte question
From: Ralph Castain (rhc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-07-22 10:18:29

Hmmm...well, it looks like we could have made this nicer than we did :-/

If you add --report-uri to the mpirun command line, you'll get back the uri for that mpirun. This has the form of <jobid>:<uri>. As the -h option indicates:

  -report-uri | --report-uri <arg0>
                         Printout URI on stdout [-], stderr [+], or a file
                         [anything else]

The "jobid" required by the orte-ps command is the one reported there. We could easily add a --report-jobid option if that makes things easier.

As to the difference in how orte-ps shows the jobid...well, that's probably historical. orte-ps uses an orte utility function to print the jobid, and that utility always shows the jobid in component form. Again, could add or just use the integer version.