Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] [OMPI svn-full] svn:open-mpi r24830
From: Terry Dontje (terry.dontje_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-07-14 09:38:51

On 7/14/2011 9:17 AM, Yevgeny Kliteynik wrote:
> On 14-Jul-11 3:30 PM, Jeff Squyres wrote:
>> The real question is: does Solaris have the same data structures required for Linux's dynamic SL support? If so, this header file inquiry is worthwhile. If not, then perhaps a separate port will be required for Solaris to support the dynamic SL functionality.
> I know for sure that at some point OpenFabrics OpenSM has forked
> and was used as a basis for *some* Solaris SM, which possibly
> will preserve the same headers. The MAD format has to stay the
> same to provide interoperability, and I doubt that someone renamed
> MAD fields just for fun.
> So the questions is, what header and what package contain there
> structures.

Note there is no SM delivered with Solaris specifically. So there are
no SM specific header files.
AFAIK, we rely on remote SM's whether it is one running on a switch or
on another node (like OpenSM running on Linux).
So relying on OpenSM source headers existing on Solaris is probably a
bad plan.

However, it sounds like the existance of ib_types.h might help us which
I have answered in a previous email that it does exist.
> I'm checking this offline with Oracle IB people.
>
> Other question is do Oracle folks care about IB QoS and torus/mesh
> topologies w.r.t. OMPI, because otherwise the dynamic SL is irrelevant.

It is not an extreme priority of ours but we would like to support it.

--td
> -- YK
>
>> On Jul 14, 2011, at 7:24 AM, Terry Dontje wrote:
>>
>>> I do but my machine room's power is down so I don't have access to it right now. I will grope around once it comes up to see what it has. I also have sent email to our IB team for some direction.
>>>
>>> --td

>>> --
>>> <Mail Attachment.gif>
>>> Terry D. Dontje | Principal Software Engineer
>>> Developer Tools Engineering | +1.781.442.2631
>>> Oracle - Performance Technologies
>>> 95 Network Drive, Burlington, MA 01803
>>> Email terry.dontje_at_[hidden]

Oracle
Developer Tools Engineering | +1.781.442.2631
Oracle *- Performance Technologies*
95 Network Drive, Burlington, MA 01803

picture