Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Trunk problem: VT breakage
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-06-30 09:37:07

FWIW, I get the same error as Ralph. I'm on my laptop battery atm, so I don't want to do a fresh checkout/build. This is from an "Svn up" with a fresh automake/configure:

[9:32] rtp-jsquyres-8714:~/svn/ompi/ompi/contrib/vt/vt/tools/vtfilter % make
Making all in .
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `vt_filthandler.cc', needed by `vtfilter-vt_filthandler.o'. Stop.
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
[9:32] rtp-jsquyres-8714:~/svn/ompi/ompi/contrib/vt/vt/tools/vtfilter %

Is there some file that we need to delete to make the tree build?

Is the problem in the corresponding .deps file?

On Jun 30, 2011, at 9:05 AM, Matthias Jurenz wrote:

> It seems to me that anything during your last update went wrong. Since r24803
> the source file 'vt_filthandler.cc' is moved to the subdirectory 'old', so
> actually if the source file doesn't exist the error message should be:
>
> No rule to make target `old/vt_filthandler.cc', needed by `vtfilter-
> vt_filthandler.o'. Stop.
>
> (I just tested it by removing the source file by hand)
>
> Does the error occur also with a completely new checkout of the trunk?
>
> Matthias
>
> On Thursday 30 June 2011 03:01:10 Ralph Castain wrote:
>> It appears I cannot build the trunk on Mac - I hit this issue when I
>> updated from the trunk and rebuilt from autogen this evening:
>>
>> make[7]: *** No rule to make target `vt_filthandler.cc', needed by
>> `vtfilter-vt_filthandler.o'. Stop.
>>
>> Vanilla configure - I didn't turn VT off like I usually do.
>>
>> Any help would be appreciated.

> Matthias Jurenz
>
> Technische Universität Dresden
> Center for Information Services and High Performance Computing (ZIH)
> 01062 Dresden, Germany
> Phone: +49 (351) 463-31945
> Fax: +49 (351) 463-37773
> E-Mail: matthias.jurenz_at_[hidden]