Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Trunk problem: VT breakage
From: Matthias Jurenz (matthias.jurenz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-06-30 09:05:47

It seems to me that anything during your last update went wrong. Since r24803
the source file 'vt_filthandler.cc' is moved to the subdirectory 'old', so
actually if the source file doesn't exist the error message should be:

No rule to make target `old/vt_filthandler.cc', needed by `vtfilter-
vt_filthandler.o'. Stop.

(I just tested it by removing the source file by hand)

Does the error occur also with a completely new checkout of the trunk?

Matthias

On Thursday 30 June 2011 03:01:10 Ralph Castain wrote:
> It appears I cannot build the trunk on Mac - I hit this issue when I
> updated from the trunk and rebuilt from autogen this evening:
>
> make[7]: *** No rule to make target `vt_filthandler.cc', needed by
> `vtfilter-vt_filthandler.o'. Stop.
>
> Vanilla configure - I didn't turn VT off like I usually do.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

Matthias Jurenz
Technische Universität Dresden
Center for Information Services and High Performance Computing (ZIH)
01062 Dresden, Germany
Phone: +49 (351) 463-31945
Fax: +49 (351) 463-37773
E-Mail: matthias.jurenz_at_[hidden]