Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Trunk problem: VT breakage
From: Matthias Jurenz (matthias.jurenz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-06-30 09:05:47

It seems to me that anything during your last update went wrong. Since r24803
the source file '' is moved to the subdirectory 'old', so
actually if the source file doesn't exist the error message should be:

No rule to make target `old/', needed by `vtfilter-
vt_filthandler.o'. Stop.

(I just tested it by removing the source file by hand)

Does the error occur also with a completely new checkout of the trunk?

On Thursday 30 June 2011 03:01:10 Ralph Castain wrote:
> It appears I cannot build the trunk on Mac - I hit this issue when I
> updated from the trunk and rebuilt from autogen this evening:
> make[7]: *** No rule to make target `', needed by
> `vtfilter-vt_filthandler.o'. Stop.
> Vanilla configure - I didn't turn VT off like I usually do.
> Any help would be appreciated.

Matthias Jurenz
Technische Universität Dresden
Center for Information Services and High Performance Computing (ZIH)
01062 Dresden, Germany
Phone: +49 (351) 463-31945
Fax: +49 (351) 463-37773
E-Mail: matthias.jurenz_at_[hidden]