Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Tarball distribution
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-06-27 09:58:14

We lock in a specific set of Autotools for a given release series and try very hard not to change them for the life of that series, just to prevent unexpected incompatibilities / issues.

The v1.4 series is using:

AC 2.63
AM 1.10.1
LT 2.2.6b
m4 1.4.11

The v1.5 series is using:

AC 2.65
AM 1.11
LT 2.2.6b
m4 1.4.13

The upgrade to AM 1.10.3 (for the v1.4 series) and 1.11.1 (for the v1.5 series) may be tolerable. I'll check it out.

On Jun 27, 2011, at 2:09 AM, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> * John Esmet wrote on Sun, Jun 26, 2011 at 06:41:48AM CEST:
>> I went to untar the source code and the folders are mode 777. Call me OCD,
>> but I find this a little strange. What's up?
>
> Newer Automake releases should have that fixed:
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.sysutils.autotools.announce/131
>
> Open MPI should use such a newer Automake for their release process.
>
> Cheers,
> Ralf

For corporate legal information go to: