Subject: [OMPI devel] Open MPI Checkpoint-restart bug
From: Kishor Kharbas (kkharba_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-05-06 00:16:13

Greetings!

I ran into errors when using Open MPI's checkpoint restart functionality.
After debugging the application(ompi-restart) I found
few variables overflow when running MPI application with more than 128
processes. I identified the places that cause an
overflow and changed the definition of the concerned variables.

I have attached a detailed bug-report with the mail describing the error
scenario and changes which I feel should be made.
The patch files corresponding to 2 files which need to be changed are
attached too.

I request the community to review the changes and incorporate them in the
code in an appropriate way.
Please let me know if more information is need about this.

Thank you.
Kishor Kharbas