Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] One orted for each process on the same host - any problem?
From: Tony Lam (tony.lam_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-05-04 18:55:54

Hi Thomas,

We need to track job resource usage in our resource manager for
accounting and resource policy enforcement, sharing single orted
process in multiple jobs makes the tracking much complicated. We don't
enforce other restrictions, and I'll appreciate any suggestion on how
to resolve this or work around this.

We have thought about mapping all processes from a mpirun into a
single job to simplify job resource tracking, but that will require much
spread changes in our software.

Thanks.

Tony