Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] One orted for each process on the same host - any problem?
From: Thomas Herault (herault.thomas_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-05-04 18:34:48

Hi,

Could you explain why you would like one orted on top of each MPI process?
There are some situations, like resource usage limitation / accounting, that are possible to solve without changing the one daemon per node deployment.
Or do you enforce other kinds of restrictions on the orted process? Why wouldn't it be able to launch more than one MPI process / why would not that be desirable?

Bests,
Thomas