Subject: [OMPI devel] One orted for each process on the same host - any problem?
From: Tony Lam (tony.lam_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-05-04 15:51:54

Hi,

I understand a single orted is shared by all MPI processes from the same
communicator on each execution host, does anyone see any problem that
MPI/OMPI may have problem with each process has its owner orted? My
guess it is less efficient in terms of MPI communication and memory foot
print, but for simplification of our integration with OMPI, launching
one orted for each MPI process is much easier to do.

I will appreciate if someone can confirm this setup will or will not work.

Thanks.

Tony