Subject: [OMPI devel] Build mca_sysinfo_linux module when /proc/cpuinfo doesn't exist
From: Silas Silva (silasdb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-24 14:29:26

Hello there,

I'm using OpenMPI for educational reasons. It works pretty fine under
GNU/Linux. I have both compiled it and downloaded it from the package
management system with no problems.

But I have trying to use it in other Unix systems as well. In these
systems /proc (NetBSD for instance) is by default unmounted, so
./configure script cannot stat /proc/cpuinfo (although it does exist in
NetBSD if you manually mount /proc). In the case it cannot stat
/proc/cpuinfo, it just silently ignores compilation of
mca_sysinfo_linux.{so,la}.

Is this behaviour correct? Or it would be be a better idea that
configure script fail with a "please check /proc/cpuinfo or specify
--dont-build-sysinfo-linux"-like message?

Thank you very much.

--
Silas Silva