Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] trunk not compiling for btl_openib_connect_oob.c
From: Terry Dontje (terry.dontje_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-16 13:55:00

On 03/16/2011 12:00 PM, Jeff Squyres wrote:
> Ya, you're right -- I'm looking at my MTT right now and I see lots of broken installs.
>
> But it works if I compile manually. Weird.
So when I saw your MTT results it was not finding a header file as
opposed to the problem I was incurring which was a redeclaration issue.
So I am wondering if your MTT issue is something different?

--td
> Mellanox -- please fix ASAP, or we'll likely back our r24507 so that people can keep working...
>

> On Mar 16, 2011, at 11:58 AM, George Bosilca wrote:
>
>> The trunk is indeed broken. The reason is, as Terry pointed out, the inclusion of infiniband/mad.h introduced by r24507 (https://svn.open-mpi.org/trac/ompi/changeset/24507). As long as OFED 1.4 is available, it will compile independent of the version of the kernel, libpthread, moon position or<name your favorite here>.
>>
>> george.

>>> Right.
>>>
>>> What does your configure output say when it is testing for different PIDs for threads?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Jeff Squyres
>>> jsquyres_at_[hidden]
>>> For corporate legal information go to:
>>> http://www.cisco.com/web/about/doing_business/legal/cri/

>> George Bosilca
>> Research Assistant Professor
>> Innovative Computing Laboratory
>> Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
>> University of Tennessee, Knoxville
>> http://web.eecs.utk.edu/~bosilca/

Oracle
Developer Tools Engineering | +1.781.442.2631
Oracle *- Performance Technologies*
95 Network Drive, Burlington, MA 01803

picture